Saturday, June 11, 2011

the coveteur

"It's more interesting to have just a picture of a small detail - then you can dream all the rest around it. Because when you see the whole thing, what is there to imagine?" -Dries Van Noten


<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'></span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Sunglasses, Dries van Noten, Paul Smith, Super</span>

<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>The scarf is Yohji Yamamoto. Bought in the 80‘s from the original store in Paris. A lucky hand-me-down from my mother that has been trapped in the back of my closet for too long. I expect this scarf to make many appearances this fall. The hat is no name vintage from the Alameda flea market in Oakland, CA.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Scarf, Yohji Yamamoto; Hat, Vintage</span>#inline_01

<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'></span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Bag, Lanvin</span>#inline_20

<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>It is a little known fact that Banana Republic makes terrific jewelry. This Byzantine beaded bib necklace transforms T-shirts and dresses. 

I yearned desperately for the Medor watch - here, wrapped around a giant, Chanel No 5-ish bottle of olive oil—for at least five years before I finally walked in to Hermès and pulled the trigger (happy holidays to me). 
</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Necklace, Banana Republic; Watch, Hermès</span>#inline_18

Source:  The Coveteur - 1, 2, 3, 4

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos!!!!! So inspirational!

    xoxo
    http://filmwardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,I love your blog!I saw that you joined the group on IFB,so just wanted to ask if you would be interested in putting my link on your blogroll and in exchange I will do the same?let me know please,thank you!
    jewellerybijou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome ! Check out my blog : http://nothinlasts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete